Is losing weight really easy? You bet it is. I know you are thinking how is that possible with so many weight loss plans and programs claiming to help you lose the weight. The truth is that most all of them work. There are some basic principles that you need to understand to help the process. Our bodies are amazing creations. As quickly as we can gain weight and get out of shape quickly, we can also lose the weight and get back where we need to be. I am going to show you some of the essentials for losing the weight that you want. The first principle is that you must make a decision that you want to lose the weight. Why? Because 20% of the weight loss game is the latest guru’s diet plan, and the other 80% is the psychology. That is what makes me tick. Just like on my radio show, I am intrigued with the field of psychology. It was my major in college, along with pre-med, and I have always enjoyed learning human behavior and why we do what we do.
So after you have a made up mind, then here are the keys.
You have to be committed. No excuses. Starting Monday or in the summer, or when you are back from vacation. Listen, it will never happen. Why? Because it hasn’t been happening! So start now. Right now. Like go eat a healthy meal now and go walk for 30 minutes today. Even with your busy schedule. If your doctor told you that you had stage 4 cancer – I bet you would panic and start now.
2.Exercise 6 Days Per Week
It doesn’t matter what you do, but do something. Get out and get moving. You have to. Your body was designed to move and if you continue to sit all day long, research shows that we will be heavier and shorten our lifespan.
3.Focus On Eating Healthy 5-6 Meals Per Day
There is much debate about this. Fad diets are everywhere. Fasting is hot. Ketogenic is a trend. I have had raging success with people, including myself, at eating 6 small meals per day. There is a system for it, and it has to be customized for you. The anti-inflammatory diet is a key example.
4.Drink A LOT of Water
Hydration is the key. It is proven that when we drink plenty of water, our body increases its ability to burn fat. We also massively increase our health. If you like drinking tea, you can count it as your water intake, just don’t add any sugar or artificial sweeteners for empowering your health.
5.Naturally Supplement Your Diet
I believe that nutritional deficiencies are some of the greatest challenges that we face with our health. Studies have shown that much of our soil is depleted of essential minerals. A good 90 plus nutrients are needed to essentially give us all that we need each day. Our food is great buy we must use something to fill in the gaps with our health. You always want to start with a good whole food based multi-vitamin like Multi-Balance.